Neat Marsh House - Residential Services
Neat Marsh House: specialising in Autistic and Challenging Behaviour
Neat Marsh House comprises of 4 individual self contained flats, each one having a private living area, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. There are 2 ground floor flats and 2 flats on the first floor.
There is also an internal communal area and extensive garden around the property for residents to relax and enjoy. Neat Marsh is situated in Preston, near to Hedon, and due to the rural location of the property there is plenty of opportunity for country walks, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Close by in the village there are numerous amenities available, such as:
- Supermarket and village shops
- Garden Centre with restaurant
- Pubs and various eating houses
- Short drive to Paul for enjoyable coastal walks.
Further afield there are popular coastal towns which can be easily accessed from this side of the City.
All care packages are structured according to each individual’s needs as defined in their care plans.
Avocet Trust provides fully trained support staff for all of our clients, ensuring that they experience the highest possible quality of life and fully develop their potential. This is realised by continually re-assessing the needs and opportunities of all Avocet clients and by offering both opportunities and choices, supported by well trained and professional staff.
We do this by using person-centred, problem solving approach to make dreams come true. We enable choices to be made by regularly listening to and communicating with the individual and their stakeholders. We will value, train and support our staff to enable them to continuously develop their skills.
Neat Marsh House is a relatively new establishment therefore it is yet to be rated by CQC.
Clients will be given the opportunity to get involved in the schemes which will be run from the adjacent Neat Marsh Farm, covering areas such as:.
- Metal work
- Animal Husbandry
If clients choose to get involved this will then give them the opportunity to gain qualifications in the above courses.
Service Users views
Mark recently joined the service and has settled in well, Mark said he enjoys going out walking, and also goes down to the farm to feed the sheep on a daily basis. Mark likes the team that support him and has a good rapport with them. He also likes to spend time in the communal area along with fellow service users and support workers.
Mark also likes to access the local garden centre and is becoming a popular member of the community.
Greg has been living at Neat Marsh for over a year now, his parents feel that Greg has settled in well. Here are some of the comments made by Greg’s parents on his behalf:
- I have the chance to take Country walks straight out of my garden
- It’s great watching the garden improve all the time attracting birds for me to watch
- It’s great having a friend in the next Flat and sometimes we meet in the Common Room for a drink together
- There’s a nice pub within walking distance for me to have a meal
- I can just sit and listen to my music all day if I want and not disturb anyone
- My staff take me out in my car whenever I fancy a trip out
- My staff take me to the local Supermarket regularly where the staff now know me and allow me to re-arrange the shelves and keep them neat
- I can re-arrange my furniture in my flat however I wish and my staff support me in this as I enjoy re-arranging things sometimes
- My staff encourage me to do little jobs around my flat like emptying bins and drying my pots but the staff usually wash them as I don’t like doing this
- I have some regular habits which are fully accepted by my staff even though they may seem unusual to other people
- Many of my staff now understand some of my Makaton signs so we can talk together better
- The atmosphere in my flat at Neat Marsh is very relaxed and I think that being in the Country is brilliant!!
Should you require further information about this service or would like to discuss a possible referral please do not hesitate to contact Monique Rouse, Service Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org